Friday, January 1, 2010

Glutino Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Breakfast Bars

Rating: ♥

I'm always one for a quick breakfast on the go. It's great to have "go to" items for those mornings you accidentally slept in or forgot you had an appointment first thing. I used to reach for cereal bars or, my favorite, the NutriGrain bar. When I found out about my dairy and gluten allergies, I couldn't find my quick breakfast solution. I was hopeful when I picked up Glutino's Breakfast Bars...but (I hoped I'd never have to write this) I was very disappointed. Made with chick pea flour, corn flour, and tapioca starch, these bars are too chewy and lack any taste. My vote- keep searching for your breakfast-on-the-go. Mine is currently my new staple item, LARABARS in Peanut Butter cookie. Got a better solution? Let me know!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised by these breakfast bars actually. I wish my local grocery store carried them, rather than having to go to Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish these products were LABELED as dairy free! My son is EXTREMELY allergic to dairy and if things don't explicitly say DAIRY FREE I hesitate to buy them. I understand these are, but I just wonder why no where on the package is it labeled DAIRY FREE :/

    ReplyDelete