Monday, January 18, 2010

Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten-free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Cherrybrook Kitchen is another great company to keep an eye out for. Their products are always peanut free, dairy free, egg free, and nut free. In addition, they have an entire line of gluten-free mixes for cookies, pancakes, cakes, and brownies. I recently tried out the mix for Chocolate Chip cookies. Made with rice flower and non-dairy chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, dextrose, cocoa butter- don't be fooled, its not dairy- soy lecithin, and vanilla extract), this mix is combined with dairy-free margarine (I recommend Nucoa), water, and vanilla to make 20 delicious cookies. Now, these cookies don't taste exactly like regular chocolate chip cookies. Instead, they have a little bit more of a granulated texture with a salty crunch on the outside. I couldn't keep my family away. My brother, mom, AND dad wouldn't stop grabbing them off the cooling rack! Another bonus- the dough is YUMMY and since it contains no raw eggs, it's safe to lick the bowl! Check out their website

1 comment:

  1. Oh yessss. These are good!!! Actually I prefer them to traditional Toll House cookies. I liked the salty outside crunch and the fact they weren't dripping in grease. For Weight Watchers...a great 2 point cookie!

    ReplyDelete