Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Frozen Waffles by Nature's Path

Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


I made an awesome discovery at Safeway today! Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day: oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, eggs poached and sunny side up! All my favorites...but they all have gluten and dairy in them. I've been eating protein bars for breakfast since I was diagnosed with my allergies. BUT today I discovered Nature's Path Buckwheat Wildberry Waffles. Found in the frozen food isle, these mock-eggos are gluten-free and dairy-free. Though I was skeptical to try them (why do so many of these gluten-free things taste like cardboard?), I came straight home and toasted two up, topped them off with some margarine and maple syrup and....I WAS IN LOVE! They are SO yummy and filled with a mix of raspberries, blueberries and elderberries- they are an awesome breakfast option. My suggestion: try them with Smucker's Boysenberry syrup and combine with 2 Banquet Brown 'N Serve Lite Original breakfast sausage for a morning meal that tides you over AND is yummy! Trust me, you'll be hooked! And even if you AREN'T gluten and dairy allergic, these are hands down a healthy choice for those early morning (or late night) waffle cravings.

Also available from Nature's Path: Several gluten-free cereals that taste great with rice, soy, or almond milk, Homestyle gluten-free dairy-free waffles, and Mesa Sunrise gluten-free dairy-free waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment